This recipe, made by myself, is inspired on the the recepie “Coconut Delicacy” from my master D. Bernadette's.
As you will see, it is very simple and super easy to do.
But above all it is a very nutritious recipe, without additives and it is very cheap.
Whoever learns it no longer buys processed milk, which we do not know how it is made.
Read, it, take a look on the video, and tell me if I'm not right:
80gr of soaked brown rice at least 12h with 150ml of water
60gr of peanuts (or other oilseeds), or a tablespoon of grated coconut, or sesame oil.
1 teaspoon salt
1.5lt of water
At Thermomix robot (that grinds and cooks)
At first place put on the robot the rice with the soaking water, the salt and the oilseed, beat 15 sec on speed 3 and go up to the maximum by beating another 1mn.
Then add the water, beat again until speed 6 to mix well. Cook 30 to 40 minutes in 100 degrees. Attention the milk can overflow, I advise you not to cover the lid with the cup, even so it is good to keep an eye on the Thermomix. In the end there is a knock again. When we take the milk out of the thermomix cup into a jug, we leave a little still in the glass and we must beat the milk at the bottom again so that the rice is completely dissolved. So we don’t have to strain and we’re fully enjoying the rice.
On the pan:
Heat 1.5lt of hot water in a pan.
Beat the rice with its soaking water, peanuts and salt in the blender.
Gradually and through a strainer or colander add the water and stir until boiling.
Lower the heat and let it cook for 30 to 40 minutes with the pan partially covered
Allow to cool and store in the refrigerator.
1.The amount of rice can vary depending on the type of rice and the desired consistency.
2. Other cereals mixed with rice or isolated such as millet, oats, etc. can be used.
3. Peanut is the fat that gives the consistency of cow's milk and also gives a light flavor so it can be replaced by peanut butter or sesame, grated coconut or something like that.
4. If necessary, you can sweeten it, preferably with rice, wheat, quinoa, etc.
5. It can also be flavored with vanilla, cinnamon etc.
6. Sometimes I add beaten fruit when making milk and it is very pleasant
7. Attention cooking is an act of meditation, of presence. Do not leave your pots on the fire, nor the thermomix.
Watch the video in Portuguese here: youtube.com/watch?v=zOm34stbHS0&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0djmlsY6tMjFHwa-gRxb9P1C6cURNu-ig0yxXeEzdtNW-WzWB6zC7GXCQ